Thursday, July 14, 2022

Remaking the reality...



At the last floor of Sterling Library.
In the heart of central campus,  Sterling Memorial Library is Yale’s largest library and one of the University’s most iconic buildings.  Completed in 1930, it houses more than 2.5 million volumes, with a focus on humanities and area studies, on 14 floors of book stacks. The library is built in the Collegiate Gothic style to resemble a European cathedral.




 But at the last floor I found my perfect studying spot,these gothic style windows. I was never really a person that has talent at drawing but I  have always been a "book person". So when I saw this spot I couldn't resist to take a picture and try to draw it but in my own way. I believe that my tonque is stronger than my hand and consequently I find easier to describe something than to draw it. Although as was trying to draw this spot I realized that I prefer words because you can add your personal style and create the perfect picture but as I was trying to capture the picture I decided to do the same here. So I cutted out that parts I did not like and I added some more. So now  in my mind I have the perfect reading spot and I hope I helped you to understand what I have in my mind with my painting and withouth the help of words this time.






For a person that doesn't enjoy reading it's difficult to understand the excitement of a "book person" in places like that. If you love to read you can understand how much I am trying to convience my self to go out of these rooms and to not stay forever there reading books. I can't tell why because I don't know but old looking buildings are always very attractive for "book people".

1 comment:

  1. Again, very nicely described - both the place you found and the sentiment you feel - well done.

    ReplyDelete

Let's film Harry Potter...

  One of the craziest ideas I had in my life turned out to be one of the best moments in my life. But let's tell you the story from the ...